VOTE BY MAIL
For your convenience, registered voters are eligible to vote by mail.
- Request an Absentee Ballot (AB):
- in writing to the Department of Elections.
- in person with a picture identification having a signature.
- or give written authorization to a designee to pick-up the ballot for you, on the day before Election Day.
- An Absentee Ballot request to the Supervisor of Elections is required no later than 5 P.M. on the 6th day before the election or on November 2.
- The Supervisor of Elections is required to mail Absentee Ballots to voters no later than four (4) days before the election.
- Deadline to submit an Absentee Ballot is 7 P.M. on Election Day.
- Absentee Ballots may be returned in person, by mail, or by authorizing a designated person to deliver the ballot to the Supervisor of Elections.
Absentee Ballots must be returned in the certificate envelope. You must sign the envelope on the outside and signature must match voter's signature on record with the Election's Department.
Still got questions? See our Voters Guide 2016 - General Election or visit our Voter's Toolkit.