About The League
The League’s Mission:
The League of Women Voters, a non-partisan political organization, encourages the informed and active participation of citizens in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
- The League is nonpartisan and does not support or oppose candidates.
- The League supports issues and legislation only after careful member study.
- The League encourages citizens to participate in complex decision making processes that result in important public policy.
- The League’s National Lobby Corps represents League positions on Capitol Hill, carrying the voice of League members to the corridors of Congress and the Administration.
- The League’s State Lobby Corps represents League positions in Tallahassee.
- League members serve as official observers, election volunteers, and conduct civic participation training around the world.
The League’s Trusted Nonpartisan Reputation:
The League of Women Voters is the most trusted not for profit organization in the United States. As such, League chapters are often called upon to convene community issue forums as well as host candidate debates.
The League also works at local, state and national levels to generate democratic conversation among members, educate the general public and policy makers on pressing issues, and take concerted action to bring about social change.
The League structure enables all members to be community – based activists whose actions hve local, state and national impact through association with others of like mind.
Current Board of Directors of Miami-Dade League